Field Stone Cottage Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday's Hymn: Away in a Manger

Away in a manger,
No crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down his sweet head;
The stars in the sky
Looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus,
Asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing,
The Baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus
No crying he makes;
I love thee, Lord Jesus!
Look down from the sky,
And stay by my cradle,
Till morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever,
And love me, I pray;
Bless all the dear children
In thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven,
To live with thee there.

Anonymous, c. 1884, 1892

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Wishing you a wonderful and joyous Christmas, Dorothy.

Happy news of your daughter's engagement. What a delightful and exciting time for your family. God is so good, isn't He.